COVID-19 Small Business Resources
At Marley Engineered Products, we believe that sharing resources and ideas makes all of us stronger. In the midst of these uncertain times, the Marley team has assembled some helpful resources, articles and materials related to Covid-19 to help those managing their small businesses during this crisis. The links to these Small Business Resources are intended to provide you with convenient access to official information and reports, which may impact your business. Marley Engineered Products has not contributed to the content of the official information and reports and, therefore, makes no representation as to the accuracy or relevance to your business.
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) – Small Business Paycheck Protection Program Resources
- NEW! Apply By May 31! The Deadline for Small Businesses to Apply for PPP is Fast Approaching – What to Know - The Paycheck Protection Program ends on May 31, 2021, so small business owners should apply now. The Paycheck Protection Program is a loan designed to provide a direct incentive for small businesses to keep their workers on payroll. A critical goal from Congress for the 2021 round of PPP was to reach small and low- and moderate-income businesses who have not received the needed relief a forgivable PPP loan provides.
- NEW! https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options/paycheck-protection-program/second-draw-ppp-loans - This link will take you to information about the Second Draw Paycheck Protection Program. If you have previously received a Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan, certain businesses are eligible for a Second Draw PPP loan. This program ends May 31, 2021.
- US Department of Treasury Small Business Tax Credit Programs: The American Rescue Plan extends a number of critical tax benefits, particularly the Employee Retention Credit and Paid Leave Credit, to small businesses. For more information, including an in-depth description of the program and its benefits, visit this site.
- Paycheck Protection Program Borrower Application Form – This is the application form that is posted on the U.S. Department of the Treasury site that must be completed and submitted to an authorized SBA lender in order to take advantage of the Paycheck Protection Program.
Expert Recommendations for Small Businesses Operating in COVID Environment
- CDC Guidance. COVID-19 Employer Information for Office Buildings – During the COVID-19 pandemic, building owners and employers can follow these updated guidelines from the CDC to prevent and reduce transmission and maintain healthy business operations and work environments.
- OSHA Guidance and Resources for Workers and Employers – This webpage provides information for workers and employers about the evolving coronavirus outbreak. The information includes links to interim guidance and other resources for preventing exposure, infection and spreading.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Coronavirus Small Business Guide – Link to U.S. Chamber of Commerce site: The coronavirus pandemic is affecting small businesses in a variety of ways. From loss of business to remote work, things are changing fast during the COVID-19 pandemic and businesses are being forced to adapt. The Chamber of Commerce is working to bring you the best resources and information to help you navigate this challenging time.
Guidance for Working In-Home during COVID-19 – The links below provide direction to companies and workers who perform repair or service work in homes such as plumbers, electricians and HVAC installation and repair.
- OSHA Guidance on In-Home Services: The US Department of Labor (OSHA) has provided guidance for in-home repair service workers such as those providing plumbing, electrical, or HVAC installation and repair. This guidance supplements the OSHA General Interim Guidance for U.S. workers and employers of workers with potential occupational exposures to SARS-CoV-2.
- OSHA General Interim Guidance for U.S. workers and employers of workers with potential occupational exposures to SARS-CoV-2.
- Ways for HVAC Contractors and Technicians to remain healthy and safe during service calls – This is a link to an article that shares practical advice to protect yourself, your technicians and your homeowners from COVID and other sicknesses when making service calls inside homes and businesses.
Small Business Resources - Small Business Administration (SBA) Programs & Links.
- HVAC Contractors and Technicians guide to indoor air quality and COVID-19 - This link will take you to the EPA site where you will find information and guidance on the operation and maintenance of heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems specifically related to COVID.
- SBA COVID-19 Disaster Assistance – Direct Link to the SBA COVID-19 Disaster Assistance program. This program relates specifically to businesses affected by COVID-19.
- NEW! SBA COVID-19 Small Business Guidance & Resources – Link to SBA site location that provides various information and links for small businesses on the impact of COVID-19. Includes information on Coronavirus relief options and the American Rescue Plan act signed into law by President Biden.
- SBA Funding Programs & Corona Virus Relief Options – This link will take you to a library of resources provided by the Small Business Administration that will assist small businesses overcome challenges related to COVID-19.
Federal and State Legislation for COVID – Includes Links to CARES Act information
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce CARES Act Summary – Link to U.S. Chamber of Commerce summary of the sections of the CARES Act that relate to small businesses.
- The National Law Review Summary of CARES Act – A brief summary of the key sections of the CARES Act prepared by The National Law Review. Includes small business and individual support sections.
- State Bills related to Coronavirus and COVID-19 – Links to GovPredict, a government affairs website that tracks pending legislation. This is a link to a special coronavirus summary list of state legislation under consideration.